The Elections Department is located at 415 Goode St., one block from the Old Courthouse
Ph: (985) 868-6802
Fax: (985) 868-8309
Supervisor: Nancy Boudreaux
The Elections Department, along with the Parish Board of Election Supervisors, is responsible for
the preparation and conduction of all elections in Terrebonne Parish, including the qualifying of
candidates for local elections.
The Department is also responsible for the training of all Commissioners and Commissioners-in-Charge who work at the precincts on Election Day.
if you would like more information on becoming an Election Commissioner.
The Elections Department is also responsible for the following:
- Preparing election related information to be given to each candidate when qualifying and notifying candidates of their ballot number when issued by the Louisiana Secretary of State's Office.
- Sending commissions to the Commissioners-in-Charge, Commissioners and Alternate Commissioners who were selected at the draw for the election conducted by the Parish Board of Election Supervisors.
- Notifying Commissioners-in-Charge and Commissioners of all pertinent information for the election, including the dates, times and place of Early Voting.
- Conducting pre-election schools for Commissioners and Commissioners-in-Charge.
- Notifying all Deputy Custodians in charge of precinct locations of election dates, times of
voting machine delivery the day before the election, and the dates and times of voting machine pick-up the day after the election.
- Assists the Parish Board of Election Supervisors at the sealing of the voting machines prior to the election, tabulating Early Vote results, and the re-tabulation of the voting machines after the election.
- Placement of Clerk of Court staff to conduct all election night procedures.
Go to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Go to Home